Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority (ADTA) was established in September 2004. It has wide ranging responsibilities for building and developing the emirate's tourism industry. These include; destination marketing; infrastructure and product development and regulation and classification. A key role is to create synergy in the international promotion of Abu Dhabi through close co-ordination with the emirate's hotels, destination management companies, airlines and other public and private sector travel-related organisations.
The Environment Agency – Abu Dhabi (EAD) is a governmental agency that was established in 1996. EAD provides direction to government, business and industry, and the community on building environmental considerations into the way they plan and live, without compromising the development of the Emirate.
- EAD oversees implementation of the Environment, Health and Safety Management System in Abu Dhabi. This system allows businesses to achieve their objectives efficiently by managing their impact on the environment, and minimizing occupational and public health and safety risks
- EAD leads the development of a climate change policy and strategy for Abu Dhabi Emirate
- EAD partners with international experts to establish enhanced environmental management and air quality monitoring programmes for the Emirate
- In 2008, EAD won the Abu Dhabi Award for Excellent Government Performance (Best Large Government Entity and Excellent Managerial Project)
- In 2009, EAD was awarded the Environmental Management Award for best implementation of environmental management in an Arab governmental organisation
- EAD published the Abu Dhabi Water Master Plan, which analyses the status of present and future water use in the Emirate
- EAD published the Coastal Resources Atlas and Vulnerability Sensitivity Index (coastalatlas.ead.ae), an interactive guide to Abu Dhabi's coastline and waters that will support policy-making and coastal development planning, as well as educate people about the Emirate's rich marine biodiversity.
- EAD established a programme to release the Arabian Oryx (Al Maha) back into its natural habitat after more than 40 years near extinction
- EAD established and manages several nature protected areas, including Al Wathba Wetland Reserve, Marawah Marine Biosphere Reserve and Al Yasat Marine Protected Area
- EAD implements a range of award-winning environmental awareness programmes in the schools of the Emirate including Sustainable Schools, the Annual Environment Competition and the Enviro-Spellathon
- EAD leads an international campaign to make Abu Dhabi’s Bu Tinah Island one of the New 7 Wonders of Nature
- EAD kicked-off a ground-breaking Watersavers Campaign to install free tiny devices into every tap in every home, school, mosque, Government and commercial building in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi
For more information, please visit www.ead.ae or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org